Twilight drops her curtain down, and pins it with a star. ~Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Remembering the Legendary Whitney Houston


Like everyone else, I was in complete shock of hearing about the passing of iconic singer Whitney Houston. I found out of her untimely passing via twitter, I had just got out from seeing The Vow. I started my car, while it was warming up; I was flipping through my tweets. Honestly, I thought it was just another one of those twitter death hoaxes that seemed to emerge on the site way too many times, but sadly this time it was not a hoax. Whitney’s death is such a tragic lost to the musical word, to her family and friends, as well as to her fans.                                      
I grew up listening to her music; my mom was a huge fan of hers. I always used to sing along to “All at Once,” dancing idiotically around my bedroom to “How Will I Know,” and “I Wanna Dance With Somebody,” and even “So emotional.” However my greatest memory of Whitney’s music come from when I was in high school, I got to perform in a solo performance in choir her 1986 hit “Greatest Love of All”. That particular song has such a powerful meaning in itself.    
Houston also starred in a couple of movies, “The Body Guard,” and my favorite, “Waiting to Exhale.” With the news of her death still streaming the web, everyone is still trying to process it. To us fans it still seems unreal, and I cannot to begin to fathom what her family and friends are going through right not. In this time of sorrow, I offer my most sympathetic thoughts to Whitney’s family and friends, the world has truly lost a legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment